Home Forums Podcast supporters Video ROMA questions (ARCHIVED) Reply To: Video ROMA questions (ARCHIVED)

Tyler DeMunbrun
Participant

Hi Chris, I’m a big fan of your work. I’ve read both of your books and I listen to your podcast pretty regularly. Thank you for keeping it up during these strange times when we are all feeling deflated and discouraged!

I have a question that might be relevant to many of the young men that listen to the podcast. So I’ll ask on behalf of all of us: what is the most productive way to deal with rejection? Years ago, I fell madly, stupidly, head-over-heels in love with a woman who didn’t care about me much at all. This hurled me into a depression for 3 years that I am only just starting to grow out of. I am a 25 year old guy, I’ve not had much success with romantic relationships, and nothing in my upbringing ever prepared me for this kind of psycho-spiritual turmoil.

I’ve been using these past few months to take good care of myself, but I am wondering if you have any advice for all of us young men who are so discouraged by past rejections that we find it difficult to move on. How does one let go of the past? How can we work up the courage to keep trying to connect with people when we are afraid of repeated rejection and the depressive period that follows?

Thanks my friend!
-Tyler