Home Forums Podcast supporters Video ROMA questions (ARCHIVED) Reply To: Video ROMA questions (ARCHIVED)

Thomas
Participant

When considering factors that make up your self-esteem or self-worth, how much value do you give to sex? And specifically for lack of a better term, your ‘skill’ at forming satisfying sexual relationships with women, whether one-off hook ups or something more serious? I’m somebody who typically goes a very long time between partners, and as the droughts drag on I start to feel more and more like my life is worthless. It’s kind of like in the absence of sex, everything else in my life is pointless. I’m not convinced I do any single worthwhile thing without subconsciously believing it will make me more attractive to women. Is this as unhealthy of an outlook as I think it is, or is it a brutal fact of biology that my life would be better if I was getting laid all the time? Do you think it’s possible to rid yourself of the need for external validation? It feels like such a weakness. Every day I wonder if we as a species/culture/society place far too much value on sex and romantic love. If being a man means getting the girl, I’m not doing a great job at it. For reference, I’m a 30-year-old guy with an otherwise great life. Maybe this is something you struggled with more at my age than now. Would love to hear any thoughts on these musings.