Home Forums Podcast supporters Video ROMA questions (ARCHIVED) Reply To: Video ROMA questions (ARCHIVED)

Cole
Participant

Hi Chris,

I got out of a 6 year relationship a little over a year ago. We started dating when we were 18 and broke up when we were 24. I am now 25 years old. We ultimately grew up to be different people with different interests. I would hide parts of myself from her and would deny parts of my inner workings to make the relationship work. The past year I have been exploring and working on myself which the pandemic has provided a great atmosphere for. I amped up my zen practice and I see a therapist. Now I feel authentic with myself, have grown a lot, and feel pretty good about who I am. Now I am thinking about starting to date again. I have concerns that I will lose touch with my authentic self in a relationship. Things can get very confusing. My questions are: how do you remain authentic in a relationship and how can you tell if a relationship is promoting authenticity and intimacy versus when you should leave? Thank you!

Cole