Home Forums Podcast supporters Video ROMA Questions Reply To: Video ROMA Questions

Thomas
Participant

You’ve spoken about how things started to click for you in your 30s with women, specifically about being honest with your intentions about wanting sexual friendships and not necessarily a monogamous commitment. Could you talk a bit more at length about these experiences? I’ve been trying this in my own life and am not really having success. It’s not that I’m averse to a relationship, even a ‘traditional’ one. But I am living a life much like you in that I travel often for extended periods of time. I usually work 6 months in Philadelphia and travel the other 6. I’m taking off for a bike trip through central America in January, and when I’m straight up about this, women seem to lose interest in me quickly. It’s like all women are looking for a committed relationship, even though to listen to podcasts like yours I’m led to believe that can’t possibly be true. Where do I meet these mythical women who are interested in a fling, who can look at 4-6 months of relationship and not feel like they’re wasting their time when it ends on friendly terms? I just don’t know anybody like me, who sees life the way I do or values the same things, and sometimes it’s really lonely. Something tells me if I could turn off my sex drive I’d be a lot happier.